What is The Elephant in the (Class)room?
A conversation hosted by the New Teacher Center
Hear the lived experiences of education stakeholders — teachers, field leaders, and school leaders — on what The Elephant means to them and begin exploring how you see the anchors in your community or school.
Key themes included: embracing when agency begins, the critical importance of learning how to build meaningful relationships, expanding understanding of the school community and its value, how to hold space sacred for listening and engaging students, and leaning into fear.
- Atyani Howard, Chief Program Officer, New Teacher Center
- Dr. Tanji Reed Marshall, NTC Equity Commissioner, Author and Director of P-12 Practice at The Education Trust
- Chrystal Seawood, Humanities Teacher, Kingsman Academy Public Charter School
- Yesenia Castro, School Leader, KIPP Raíces Academy
- Karen Pittman (Facilitator), NTC Equity Commissioner, Partner at Knowledge to Power Catalysts