When we focus on teachers and school leaders, students succeed
NTC is dedicated to improving student learning by accelerating the effectiveness of teachers and school leaders. We build capacity within districts and district partners to drive student learning, teacher effectiveness, and teacher and leadership development. We do this by providing PreK-12 teachers and school leaders with the skills and supports needed to create optimal learning environments that accelerate students’ academic and social emotional success.
Our programs are designed to impact four core areas: student learning, educator effectiveness, leadership development and optimal learning environments. We take a consultative approach to identify the best fit for each district and district partner we work with, asking detailed questions to assess where to start.
Providing all students with a quality education can directly combat systemic inequities that have plagued our highest-need students, families, and communities for generations.
By building capacity among districts and providing educators with quality supports that we know work, we’re changing the face of public education.
- What is a proven method of increasing student achievement?
- What role can teachers and school leaders play in supporting students academic, social, and emotional learning?
- Is my district providing its educators the proper support to ensure that students are learning?
Teachers and school leaders are the most important school-based influence on student learning.
When educators receive support and skills that prepare them to address student inequities, they can level the playing field, providing a high-quality education for all students.
- Are teachers in my district provided the time and space to reflect on their own teaching practices?
- Are teachers in my district provided quality, impactful feedback on their instruction, either from their school leaders, mentors, coaches, or other third-party, so they can continuously better their instructional practice?
- If so, how are they working with their peers and school leaders to take this reflection into action?
By rethinking our education system from the ground up, we can build the leadership capacity of educators and provide a strong school culture that delivers the promise of a public education.
Recognizing the strong influence of teachers and school leaders on student success, New Teacher Center aims to accelerate student learning by building capacity within districts to build and retain strong, effective teachers and school leaders throughout their careers—starting the first moment they enter the classroom.
- How are the leaders in my school invested in and supporting student learning?
- Is there a developed career ladder established within the school or district to allow educators to advance and build their investment in their schools, classrooms, and students?
- What role do school leaders play in supporting and building strong instructional practices?
Students learn best in an environment with school leaders who build a strong culture that supports teachers, who can then be truly effective and invested professionals.
NTC provides PreK-12 teachers and school leaders with the skills and supports needed to create optimal learning environments that accelerate students’ academic and social emotional success.
- What type of environment best promotes student learning?
- Is my district prioritizing the type of environment that supports student learning, including social and emotional learning, or are academics and student test score the main focus?
- What role do educators have in developing such learning environments?
The Foundation of Our Work
Change happens in the classroom, and when this change occurs school-wide it has a lasting impact on students. We know that a continuous system of teacher-based supports can directly increase student learning. To have this impact, we have grounded our programs and solutions in research and are proven to increase educators’ instructional practices.
NTC’s teacher-based supports focus on building educators’ instructional leadership through rigorous academic standards and best practices in social-emotional learning.
Through continuous observation cycles, mentors, and coaches, and school leaders learn to provide evidence-based feedback to help educators enhance their instructional practice and better reach every student. It is critical that every teacher receive such quality support throughout their career.
& CAPACITY BUILDING
Schools and districts must take a system-wide approach and build capacity to provide the time, resources, and opportunities for teachers to improve their instructional practice.
HOW WE WORK WITH YOUR DISTRICT
We work hand-in-hand with each of our district partners to ensure a smooth implementation of the program that will best meet the needs of educators and students. By providing teachers and school leaders consistent, instructional-based support, districts can create and sustain an impactful, quality educational environment that will end educational inequity in our lifetime.
Build relationship grounded in understanding district context and growth opportunities.
Develop program strategy in partnership with district leaders to meet student and educator needs.
Implement program, closely monitoring educator engagement and adoption of best practices.
Provide continuous educator support responsive to student and school needs.
Review program progress and join a network of districts for shared learning.
Learn More About Our Solutions
NTC partners with states, consortia, districts, and schools – particularly low-income districts – to implement professional learning programs, school-based surveys of teaching and learning conditions, and consultation services.