A panel conversation hosted by The Education Trust and the New Teacher Center
In partnership with the Education Trust, New Teacher Center hosted a panel discussion to explore opportunities to revolutionize relationships in schools and education.
Key themes included: disrupting focus on behavior benchmarks in favor of culturally relevant engagement; building a classroom rooted in patience and open communication through trust; and, learning loss time is a persistent issue, but the idea of “catch up” prevents focused and data-driven mapping to support students’ highest needs.
- Kez Echols, Student
- Trey Cunningham, Student
- Johnathon Rudat, Student
- Chrystal Seawood, Humanities Teacher
- Nancy Duchesneau, P-12 Data and Policy Analyst, The Education Trust
- Atyani Howard, Chief Program Officer, New Teacher Center
- Tanji Reed Marshall, Director P-12 Practice, The Education Trust
- Erika Reese, Vice President of Equity and Learning, New Teacher Center
→ View the Webinar Recording