(R)evolutionize Relationships in Early Learning
A panel conversation hosted by The Education Trust and the New Teacher Center
In partnership with the Education Trust, New Teacher Center hosted a panel discussion to explore opportunities to revolutionize education for our youngest learners.
Key themes included: strengthening connections between families and educators to build a trusting community; creating space for feedback loops and pay keen attention to equity of voice; attend to the needs of teachers of color, especially as they’re tasked with leading efforts to disrupt inequities for students; and, revisiting, repeatedly, how classroom and school-wide strategies and actions are promoting an optimal learning environment for students.
- Carrie Gillispie, Senior Analyst, P-12 Policy, The Education Trust
- Carlyn Rahynes, Director of Early Childhood, Community School District 7, New York City Department of Education
- Pam Crookedacre, Senior Early Learning Training Specialist, CAP Tulsa
- Vanessa Rodriguez, EdD, author of The Teaching Brain
- Kaytie Brissenden-Smith, Program Consultant, New Teacher Center
- Atyani Howard, Chief Program Officer, New Teacher Center
- Erika Reese, Vice President of Equity and Learning, New Teacher Center
→ View the Webinar Recording